Summer Term – “Growth”
- Knows that dark is the absence of light.
- Can set up a fair test and make predictions.
- Can investigate surfaces that reflect light.
- Can recognise that a mirror image appears to reverse.
- Can identify some parts of the eye and knows the sun can damage some parts of the eye.
- Can identify opaque, translucent and transparent objects.
- Knows a shadow is formed when a solid object blocks light and that shadows can change size.
- Can identify different parts of a flower and explain the functions of the different parts of plants.
- Can identify and describe the stages of the life cycle of flowering plants.
- Can set up investigations and make predictions.
- Can make observations and conclusions.
- Can answer questions based on their learning
Geography – “Rainforests”
- Can use an Atlas to locate countries where Rainforests are found.
- Can name and label a map to show countries where rainforests are found.
- Knows Rainforests are found near the Equator and can find the Equator on a map.
- Can find the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn on a map.
- Can describe what the weather is like in a tropical climate.
- Can name the four layers of the Rainforest
- Can talk about the animals and plants found in each layer.
- Can talk about similarities and differences between the Amazon Rainforest and Sherwood Forest.
- Knows what deforestation means.
History – “The growth of the Roman Empire and its impact on Britain”
- Can talk about the successful invasion by Claudius and conquest, including Hadrian’s Wall.
- Can talk about the ‘Romanisation of Britain.’
- Can talk about Romans beliefs and cultures.
- Can talk about Roman withdrawal from Britain in 410 AD and the fall of the Western Roman Empire
Art and Design
- Can design and make a Roman/Celtic shield and a mosaic.
- Can research and give an opinion on the work of Henri Rousseau.
- Can design and make a moving plant using pneumatic pressure.
- Can make choices about materials to use to weave.
Computing – Email and Graphing
- Can send an email with attachments and respond to emails appropriately.
- Can enter data into a graph and answer questions.
- Can solve an investigation and present the results in graphic form.
PE – Swimming, Athletics, Rounders or Cricket,
- Can swim a distance of 25metres.
- Can use running, jumping, throwing and catching in isolation and in combination.
- Can apply learned skills in a game of rounders/cricket.
- Can identify common foods.
- Can talk about foods they like or dislike.
- Can identify members of the family
- Can sing songs with expression using two-part harmonies.
- Knows that music can be organised in sequences and layers.
- Can create music using their own ideas and making choices about the musical structure.
RE – Christianity
- Can retell a story that shows the authority of Jesus, suggesting how a Christian might understand the story
- Can discuss a made-up story tells a truth.